Let us talk about hepatitis C…
- Hepatitis C is a viral infection that affects the Liver
- The most common risk factors include prior blood transfusions, prior experimentation with intravenous or intranasal drugs, tattoos, or body piercing
- Many individuals with hepatitis C do not even know they have it due to a lack of symptoms, despite being exposed more than 20 years ago.
- If you have risk factors, you need to be tested…. regardless of how good you feel.
- A tube of blood will give you the answer.
- New, effective therapies are available.
- Left untreated, and you run the risk of developing advanced liver disease, cirrhosis, and even liver cancer.
- Remember, if you have risks for hepatitis C, get tested…it can save you a lot of grief down the road.