Brian F. Keaton, M.D., President of the American College of Emergency Physicians, visited with Dr. Galati on October 8, 2006.
Dr. Keaton is and expert in emergency medicine, practicing in Akron, OH. Over the past 25 years, Dr. Keaton has held many leadership positions both locally and at the national level, speaking world-wide on emergency medicine issues.
Today, they discussed the 10 warning signs that you need to visit and emergency room. The warning signs include the following items:
- Difficulty breathing, or any shortness of breath
- Pain in the chest or upper abdomen
- Weakness, fainting, or new dizzy spells
- Visual changes
- Any change in mental status
- Sudden sever pain-anywhere in the body
- Bleeding that is uncontrolled
- Nausea and vomiting that is severe or lasting more than a few hours
- Blood in vomit
- Suicidal feelings
- Having trouble speaking
- Any new or unusual abdominal pain