Enjoy the extra flavor and health benefits from combining cauliflower with turmeric for this easy-to-prepare great tasting side dish that will complement almost any meal. Turmeric has long been recognized as a powerful anti-inflammatory in both Chinese and Indian systems of medicine and modern scientific research continues to reinforce the benefits of this tasty spice. One serving of this dish also provides 181% of the daily value (DV) for vitamin C, 46% DV for vitamin, and 33% DV for folate. Enjoy!Prep and Cook Time: 5 minutes
- 1 lb cauliflower
- 5 TBS low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Mediterranean Dressing
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 medium cloves garlic
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cut cauliflower florets into quarters and let sit for 5 minutes to bring out their hidden health benefits.
- Press or chop garlic and let for 5 minutes.
- Heat 5 TBS broth in a stainless steel skillet on medium heat.
- When broth begins to steam, add cauliflower and turmeric and cover. For al dente cauliflower, cook for no more than 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl. For more flavor toss cauliflower with the remaining ingredients while it is still hot. (Mediterranean Dressing does not need to be made separately.) Research shows that carotenoids found in foods are best absorbed when consumed with oils.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
Healthy Cooking Tips:
To mellow the flavor of garlic, add garlic to cauliflower for the last 2 minutes of sautéing. You may need to add a little more liquid to keep garlic from sticking to the pan.